Click on the banner to join the excellent German Helmet Walhalla forum where you can chat with hundreds of collectors from all over the world. See you there.

Any good?

Hello everyone,
Just kindly want your thoughts on this helmet so I can have a 100% original to put a foot in the proper collection door.
please tell me your opinions,

thanks so much, hopefully I’ve found something decent this time. Is this a take it or leave it helmet?

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Looks like a post war used Norwegian helmet or one repainted for export after WW2. This is not the correct color.

Liner doesn't look good either.

Definite pass , not sure where you are looking or what you are thinking of spending but good German WW2 helmets are rarely found on ebay or other second hand websites.

Maybe best give us an idea of your budget and then we can say what is realistic.

Thanks, I’ll pass on that then.

I’ve looked at antiques shops, militeria dealers etc, i just find it all a tad dried up at the moment, my local military dealer, the lanes armoury in Brighton uk has only 1 helmet currently and it’s a naval one I believe.  I’d be willing to spend up to £1000 gbp for one, preferably a m40 with original liner and chin strap and paint, a heer decal would be excellent as well, any suggestions would be wonderful. Looks like I am having a major struggle with this haha. Do you think in my budget I can find a good helmet? Thank you.

Covid is causing a different market this last year , for some helmets prices have gone up considerably. Budget wise you are ok but because of covid you may need to increase it a little.

I also think Brexit did no good for UK dealers that look for stuff in Europe.

Have a look on John's site , he is a member here.

Tell him that you were sent by GHV.

All | Eagle Relics

I’ll keep an eye on his website for sure, love the quist manufacturer, always seems of a high quality from what I can tell, am I correct? P.S. if anyone does have a Q68+ Sized heer decal M40 with all original parts helmet for sale please contact me!