Click on the banner to join the excellent German Helmet Walhalla forum where you can chat with hundreds of collectors from all over the world. See you there.

DD M35 Police-Re-Issue

Tough , the USB photos miss some sharpness to do some real comparisons. I like to see the white under the red and the white under the black.  The round bottom DRK "fake" also looked good under the microscope. We have to remember that pre digital age fakes also exist and were probably made in almost the same way as Original decals. Like Andrea I haven't seen such a shield on original helmets before.

yes tough one. not having the helmet in hand is even more difficult to get a clear clue. correct reminding now the case of the DRK rounded ones which shows a good and reliable print like the original but they aren't.

i still hope John will provide with quality macros.

I've just purchased a bloody expensive microscope - I hope it's worth the effort - Will post more pictures when it arrives 🙁

Try looking at the settings , the image size and quality setting. It looks like it is on 640x480 which is much too small.

it was a cheap one and that was all it went up to😥

Hi Guys,

I’m sorry, but not to be blunt, but I don’t think any intense scrutiny is required for this Party Shield.

It isn’t correct in any way.

Michael

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Agree...bad Nat. shield from the 1970's. Notice the "slide to the left " of the white circle. Normally we observe the offset to the right if not centered correctly. That's common & an often observed example.

That police decal (bordered ET/SE)..extreme caution must be used due to the over abundance of unapplied originals which if applied 40 years ago...can cause confusion.

I am not a fan of the paint on this one either, though maybe due to poor lighting.

This is not a helmet I would own

Thanks, D.

I honestly think that also the eagle has issues.

This decal looks better then the party one just because the graphic resembles the original one (while the swast doesn't). but if we look at the edges...

Saw tooth edges are more or less visible according to some type of decals.

they could be "regular" (like a zipper; the example shows by Frank is a "textbook" in this sense) or they could be irregular and mixed with jagged edges similar to the original.

these are from the Polizei provided by John, shown again.

Uploaded files:

and this is an ET eagle from Latvia.

Uploaded files:

i think there is something in common there.

And i concur with David for the weird looking of the paint (at least from here, maybe is the picture...?)