Please or Register to create posts and topics.

KRIEGSMARINE 3-TONE CAMO SE64

I wanted to archive this new one on Da Vault ........

Hi Guys

Here is a nice KM Camo. Not too many of these guys around … so for a KM collector like myself this may be my tippity top shelfer.

It is an SE64 M35. I have owned many of these Factory SE / SD KMs and found that in combination with the rough SE M40 paint … they tend to flake and wear down over time. Very few KM decal examples on this type exist with decals in good condition..... this one is no exception. These decals have almost a fragile thin aluminum foil consistency. The decal has been painted around carefully and exhibits the usual flaking described above. The border of the multi layer construction can be seen around the Swaz. The original chinstrap was broken, normally I don’t like to alter my helmets in any way but for this one I added a complete original strap. The liner is in nice untouched condition along with its factory installed tie string. The pins have no secondary bends. A name is written in black ... "BARCHFELD." (I just deciphered that 2 seconds ago LOL)

For the Camo Paint it seems that it was sprayed in a dunkelgelb, green and what seems like some red / brown areas. It has a Normandy / Europe / Autumn style for me and I am happy to have this one in the stable with all of its KM brothers. It’s also a great time of year to obtain this one as it fits right in with the Fall season.

I have seen maybe 1 or 2 other KM's with a semi-similar pattern while researching Km Camouflage Helmets ...in the past 15/20 years of forum posts. The few KM Camos that I am thinking of were attributed to the Rhineland battles towards the end of the war where KM Sailors fought on land in combat operations to defend Germany. That is just speculation from research though. No provenance for this particular one. This helmet could have been anywhere. Coastal Artillery, etc.

This comes from the collection of a long time member here (since the dawn of WAF and GHW). He traded for it in the UK 15 years ago. He was nice enough to offer this one up. A gentleman.

This helmet is real keeper! Thanks for lookin guys!

Z

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Addl

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Thank for sharing this top KM camo helmet here Zach , it is a stunner and a keeper.

Thanks Frank. I will post up my police on here later as these will be my only pickups 😀 in 2022 (and an EF M40 Luft at beginning of year). I can’t keep it as real as you LOL

Z

Killer KM Z ! once again congrats for this extremely rare pick up

I liked the Brooklyn waterfront better.......

WOW !!

This is nice !!

Happy for you

Thanks, D

Quote from David C. on October 7, 2022, 11:28 pm

WOW !!

This is nice !!

Happy for you

Thanks, D

Thanks D! Def one to be happy about!

Z