Please or Register to create posts and topics.

KRIEGSMARINE EF M42

Quote from wolfpack17 on April 6, 2021, 6:11 pm

Zach,

Nice pick-up.. I like it.

Chinstrap was knifed through upon arrival. Then snapped by mine own hand. Amateur move not handling with care and lesson learned.

What do you mean here...You actually cut through the strap upon opening the box and then snapped it ?

Thanks Neil! It has a nice look to it

I was going to say “I’m not that dumb!” But just as stupid I guess. It came halfway cut through. Perhaps previous owner had over the brim for years or it was just worn. And I proceeded to carry it by the strap once. Snap! 🙁

Quote from Paddyd00 on April 6, 2021, 7:05 pm

.......And I proceeded to carry it by the strap once. Snap!

Ouch!

I’m fencing sitting.

Lovely helmet all round (sorry about the chinstrap mate but you’ll never try that again)

Toned Heer is more likely I’m thinking as it’s so hard to definitively say “KM” so I’m being conservative

Either way Zach, it’s nice!

M

Quote from Panzerheld on April 7, 2021, 11:36 pm

I’m fencing sitting.

Lovely helmet all round (sorry about the chinstrap mate but you’ll never try that again)

Toned Heer is more likely I’m thinking as it’s so hard to definitively say “KM” so I’m being conservative

Either way Zach, it’s nice!

M

All good my brother. These were graphically identical to their Heer counterparts. Will always be a 50/50 split. That being said. I have researched examples to the ends of the earth w this one. I’m pretty sure it’s a KM. I am overly conservative as well. No biggie either way for me to be honest 🙂

Z