Click on the banner to join the excellent German Helmet Walhalla forum where you can chat with hundreds of collectors from all over the world. See you there.

Luftwaffe DD M35

Hi. So I've only listed a couple of helmets so far - a ND M44 with reinforced liner and a SD KM where Andrea helped me get to the bottom of the second layer of paint.

I've now got a new camera and something like a photo booth so hopefully the quality of these photos is of a good enough level.

This is (I hope!) an M35 Luftwaffe helmet that was originally DD and has had the national shield carefully removed - you can see the ghost of where it used to be.

It's an EF64, lot No 0358. The liner is reinforced ally and is marked to the band and the leather with makers mark B&C. The band is dated 1939.

The strap seems to be 1941 dated - so perhaps a later replacement.

As ever your thoughts and comments would be welcomed.

Andy.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Very nice honest helmet , I agree that the tricolor was scratched of by the soldier.

Nice one! sad the tricolor was removed, it could be a killer helmet, congrats anyway!

I like it. very nice.

tricolor removed is part of the story of this helmet.

A nice solid example.

Quote from sysyphus on February 14, 2020, 9:34 pm

Yup! Not a negative 🙂

Like the nicely marked chin strap too!

Another quality helmet of an owner that followed regulations . . . tri-colour removal is a wonderful part of its history

Michael

Thanks for all the positive feedback - as ever really helpful. Cheers Guys. Andy.

Very nice Andy - worn but still in good condition.

Nick

Quote from sysyphus on February 14, 2020, 9:34 pm

I like it. very nice.

Oh really???!!! didnt know it.....

En fin..... i know it, but being listed as a DD ( !!!!!) having it would be a killer example.... is what i was trying to explain. Dammmm... where are the F....G GIF gone on this site!