Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Luftwaffe M40 hkp

Hi there. The Luftwaffe steel helmet was offered to me for sale. It is almost never worn and in very good condition. Still, something bothers me. He's too slick for me. Maybe I'm wrong too. Whats your opinion?

Grüße aus Deutschland

Matthias

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Decal looks bad for me comparing to my HKP. Also liner doesn’t look good either. Like a fake weathering job was done.

Z

When you take a closer look, somehow sandpaper was used around the eagle ?! Did this attempt to cover up a copy?

Quote from mathesmainz on January 7, 2021, 5:08 pm

When you take a closer look, somehow sandpaper was used around the eagle ?! Did this attempt to cover up a copy?

I just compared this to mine.  I am not the Luft King so wait for more opinions but I see some graphic inconsistencies with mine.  Also looks like 0 lacquer was applied on the front which defintely is not unheard of but.... it just looks funky to me.  Compare an SE/HKP decal for yourself and see what you think ....

Uploaded files:

To me the eagle looks correct 🙂 however the helmet looks too cleaned.

For me, something strange is going on with the decal - the areas highlighted below do not seem right. Normal ET / SE decals don't look like that. Maybe i have overlooked something?

There is also unusual wear in the decal area - possibly from how it was attached to a belt when not in use, but it could also be deliberate to age the decal.

nick

Uploaded files:

Not one for me...I would not own this helmet.

From the pics...looks repainted (not the expected SE blue & the texture looks comprimised)...decal is questionable & so is the pigskin liner.

Possibly the most common German helmet available. If it needs to be picked apart for authenticity...I would pass. Plenty of "One lookers" for sale

Thanks, D

Questionable paint, leather like peccary...every time i saw liners with this type of leather the helmets always had something "not add up".

I am also bothered by the shape of this wing which graphically isn't nice as any original. Seems to be damaged intentionally as to hide some smoking gun details

Uploaded files:

almost certainly a repaint. Color is off to my eyes.

And the single direction scratches to the vent holes is a red flag.

I see areas of older patinated paint, with newer paint added. Like touch up.

Not good.

A