Click on the banner to join the excellent German Helmet Walhalla forum where you can chat with hundreds of collectors from all over the world. See you there.

Luftwaffe M42 ??!!

Page 1 of 2Next

Hallo,

wie ist eure Meinung zu dem Luftwaffen-Stahlhelm M42 in Tarnlackierung?

Gruß Matthias

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Nothing really give me the feeling of a postwar concoction here; i see the LB strap.

Not easy to authenticate these kind of patterns but i like it.

There should be a decal or remnants under that camo somewhere

Forgot to add...not sure is indeed a Luft albeit we see that kind of strap. A close up where the decal is would be nice to see

I like it !! Possibly Coastal Artillery. I see no "red flags". Would have this on my shelf for sure !!

Thanks, D

For me in hand is the only way for this helmet but looks good so far.

Quote from sysyphus on November 13, 2020,

Why A ?

Materials used? Lack of period photos? Uncommon pattern ?

let me know. Thank you

Z

Based on these photos, I think it would stand a very good chance. I like it. Love the pattern.

I don't know the ranking system of the KM, but looks like it is named to an Unteroffizier so probably Heer/Luft?

Quote from MAP on November 14, 2020, 4:59 am

Based on these photos, I think it would stand a very good chance. I like it. Love the pattern.

I don't know the ranking system of the KM, but looks like it is named to an Unteroffizier so probably Heer/Luft?

I think Unteroffiziere was a rank in the KM. I have seen some KMs w the abbreviation painted on the rim BUT I think the Heer had its own huge Coastal Arty batteries.

I have never seen an HKP KM helmet so Def prob Heer or Lufty 😉

Z

Quote from Paddyd00 on November 13, 2020, 11:51 pm
Quote from sysyphus on November 13, 2020,

Why A ?

Materials used? Lack of period photos? Uncommon pattern ?

let me know. Thank you

Z

Exactly. All the things you said Z.

The wear is another point not easy to analyze as you don't have so many to compare like those classic 2 or 3 colors sprayed or brush painted whatsoever...

In this specific helmet there is nothing that screams contrived both in the wear and the look. I mean like aging processes of any kind like fake patina, chemical agents, tool marks etc... It looks to me natural and not made to fool

Page 1 of 2Next