Please or Register to create posts and topics.

M35 DD Police, with a twist

Allan

Just for fun & comparison. Here is my 1937 ET police. Quite similar. Even the tie string knots look similar the way they are tucked under the tongue.

Thanks, D

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

That is a stunning helmet David!! It has everything!!

Allan

Great topic Gents. Thanks for re sharing some of you past and present beauties D !

Allan an untouched "nice looking to it" polizei. Pity we can't read on that ink marking, undoubtedly as David illustrated very well i'd also say it's a designation stamp.

I knew it would all be in the detail - thanks David.

Nick

Quote from sysyphus on February 26, 2021, 2:40 pm

Great topic Gents. Thanks for re sharing some of you past and present beauties D !

Allan an untouched "nice looking to it" polizei. Pity we can't read on that ink marking, undoubtedly as David illustrated very well i'd also say it's a designation stamp.

It's quite "refreshing" to have a discussion rather than "good one", "fake"..etc.etc. Wish there were more topics to discuss !!

Thanks, D

I agree with David , ET. Nice looking one at that.

Quote from David C. on February 26, 2021, 4:47 pm
Quote from sysyphus on February 26, 2021, 2:40 pm

It's quite "refreshing" to have a discussion rather than "good one", "fake"..etc.etc. Wish there were more topics to discuss !!

Thanks, D

Agree. Also the “coat of arms” stamp is wild.
Z

David's reference to designation stamps on the liner motivated me to dig the helmet out and take a couple of pictures of the stamp. I can't make anything out from the stamps can anyone else?

However! After all these years I just noticed this single stamped '8' on the back of the skirt.

Thanks,

Allan

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Quite interesting.

I would say the "8" is one of those unexplained generic numbers we see sometimes below the actual lot#. Or...it's the lowest known lot# I have ever seen. I have no answer.

The ink stamps are not clear enough to know what they are. It's typical. Many are blurred out or worn

Thanks, D