Please or Register to create posts and topics.

M35 LW Camo Rubber Band

I have not posted anything for a while and it has been a little quiet here lately so I'm posting one I don't think I've shown anywhere before.  Single decal LW maroon and green camo with petrified remnants of a rubber band around the perimeter.  It is a Q64 with lot number 1234 which places it at a time when they may have been transitioning from parade paint and double decals to rough texture paint and a single decal.  The liner has a faint WZ maker stamp and I'm not sure of the date, I think 1941 .   A little unusual to see a steel liner band instead of aluminum on a WZ liner in this time period.  1941 dated pigskin chinstrap.  Named in the liner.  I've only had this one about 5 years.

Cheers, Terry

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

A few more closeups.

Uploaded files:

A beauty Terry.

A lot of nice things on this one Terry. Pretty one of a kind, the rubber band looks to be completely natural made like those used for the early m38's.

Lovely helmet in every way.

Thanks for sharing.

Ow very nice camo and rubber band ! The eagle is peeking nicely through the paint , just as I like them.

A very nice helmet Terry - that rubber band has really 'welded' to the shell over time.

Nice pick-up with a not too often seen period added band.

Thanks to you all for the positive comments!  It is indeed an unusual camo pattern and amazing to me that the rubber is still attached after all these years.  It is as hard as a rock.  Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Terry

I’ve never seen anything like this Terry until now . . . Gosh that rubber band must be brittle and it’s amazing how it’s fused itself onto the helmet surface.

Really cool to see this

Michael

Very Cool T! I used to have a KM w remnants of a red camo band like this one.  Nice pickup!

Z

Uploaded files: