Please or Register to create posts and topics.

M35 Q64 DD SS

Hi you all !

I have really hard time to figure out whether this Quist is just too good to be real. Or is it what my guts tell me -fake ?

At least it has been re-painted in some stage, but is there something else I am missing out ?

M35 Q64 Lot 507 can be found from the helmet database to be an actual DD SS helmet.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hello SV

No it's not a real SS. Repro decals

Quote from sysyphus on January 13, 2021, 10:24 pm

Hello SV

No it's not a real SS. Repro decals

That was fast ! 😃

just to be clear... is the shell real and the decals has been “renovated” or is whole package fake ?

Shell, liner and strap are good.

Something weird on the paint as well (bad pics outside but look at that brown inside next the band where you see the original feldgrau).

Quote from sysyphus on January 13, 2021, 10:38 pm

Something weird on the paint as well (bad pics outside but look at that brown inside next the band where you see the original feldgrau).

Yes, I noticed the paint-issue and figured the helmet has just been re-painted. Of course the fact same Q64 lot 507 was found from the database to be DD SS made me believe this actually might be a real thing.

Quote from SilverVeteran on January 13, 2021, 10:46 pm
Quote from sysyphus on January 13, 2021, 10:38 pm

Yes, I noticed the paint-issue and figured the helmet has just been re-painted. Of course the fact same Q64 lot 507 was found from the database to be DD SS made me believe this actually might be a real thing.

Better look at the decals they are a give away. The maker matters the lot number not so.

"Better look at the decals they are a give away. The maker matters the lot number not so."

I am trying to learn to identify real decals from fake ones, but occasionally it is quite hard and well, I am fairly new helmet collector so that why I have to lean on Your expertise and knowledge about these. I am very pleased You guys are helping and sharing information. Thank you !

Are these the decals that are more like a picture?

It looks like they are too think and the face of the decal doesn't match the helmet.

Quote from Cam_S on January 16, 2021, 7:22 pm

Are these the decals that are more like a picture?

It looks like they are too think and the face of the decal doesn't match the helmet.

They could be , the bubbling is flat too. And makes no sense seeing the pristine area around it.

As the other have pointed out . . . decals and paint incorrect

M