Please or Register to create posts and topics.

M35 Q64 DD SS

Quote from SilverVeteran on January 13, 2021, 10:19 pm

Hi you all !

I have really hard time to figure out whether this Quist is just too good to be real. Or is it what my guts tell me -fake ?

At least it has been re-painted in some stage, but is there something else I am missing out ?

M35 Q64 Lot 507 can be found from the helmet database to be an actual DD SS helmet.

Hi S V

Being an insomniac I found this site about 2am last night.  It’s in Norwegian so you may need to do some translating but if you hit the menu button at top left then SS on the drop box there are some excellent pix of original Quist decals. http://www.tyskhjelm.com/374309028 His book is available in English though.

Namaste

Hi

if anyone has time and it seems like it would also help the op.

I totally get the Parti decal being wrong due to the flared out shape (although that could be the photography)  but the SS decal?  Is it because it should finish below the break on a Quist?  Am I right in saying it look like a CA Pocher?

Namaste

Quote from romcomrommel on January 23, 2021, 12:48 am

Hi

if anyone has time and it seems like it would also help the op.

I totally get the Parti decal being wrong due to the flared out shape (although that could be the photography)  but the SS decal?  Is it because it should finish below the break on a Quist?  Am I right in saying it look like a CA Pocher?

Namaste

I am of the opinion that the run sits too high above the shield break, the bottom of the shield is too rounded and the corners of the runes are too pointy for a Q to name a few.