Please or Register to create posts and topics.

M35 Quist Q68 21441

Hello all,

I have been collecting for over 20 years and do living history.

Recently I picked up my first WW II German helmet that was refurbished. What I have a question on is its heat lot number, 21441. I have have seen many pictures and an Excel file where this number is related to Luftwaffe helmets. Were all the helmets with this number Luftwaffe or were they spread out among all the services.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

They were spread out among the services - so you need to look for other clues to determine which received - the helmet colour, decal and manufacturer etc...

Thanks for the information. I was unclear as to if they did a production run for a certain service.

If you check the lot nr list on the website you can see that the green highlighted ones (similar nrs) often have mixed branches.

Of this particular lot I own a luftwaffe helmet myself.

Luftwaffe Helmets – German Helmet Vault

Hello,

I looked at the list that is on the site and I have seen other helmets with the same number that are LW. This is where my question came from as to whether that lot number was sent to the LW.

Thanks

Quote from johnf on December 24, 2020, 9:01 pm

Hello,

I looked at the list that is on the site and I have seen other helmets with the same number that are LW. This is where my question came from as to whether that lot number was sent to the LW.

Thanks

Lot number lists are good for establishing patterns, at best. As was stated above you can have same maker/lot number and different sizes and go to the same or different branches.