Please or Register to create posts and topics.

M40 Quist 66 Luft

Here's one I just got. Possibly the most common German helmet. But this one is desirable to me due to the patina inside & out of just a matte, dull overall look to it. Reminds me of an old attic find. No post war handling or abuse. Pigskin liner that is dry but not brittle.

It's a 66 shell & liner dated 1942

Thanks, D

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

"matte, dull overall look to it..."  Like that is a bad thing ... when in reality it is what exactly we want to see in these helmets!

Beautiful example D!

Quote from David C. on August 5, 2021, 11:43 pm

Here's one I just got. Possibly the most common German helmet. But this one is desirable to me due to the patina inside & out of just a matte, dull overall look to it. Reminds me of an old attic find. No post war handling or abuse. Pigskin liner that is dry but not brittle.

It's a 66 shell & liner dated 1942

Thanks, D

“Most Common German Helmet” maybe mate . . . but that’s a beauty and has “the look”

Michael

Quote from MAP on August 6, 2021, 4:29 am

"matte, dull overall look to it..."  Like that is a bad thing ... when in reality it is what exactly we want to see in these helmets!

Beautiful example D!

My thoughts exactly.

A candy of a helmet David. Very nice pick up.

Even amongst the most common examples it takes skill and knowledge to select the best ones. That's a super nice one David.

……… you know where I am when you get bored of this one!
it’s a stunner that’s for sure. Love it. 👍🏼

Thanks friends !!

D.

Most common and most beautiful IMO. Take your pick. The Navy blue plus Luft insignia make these some of the best looking. I sold mine last year. And picking the worst time (now) to replace. Simply not many M40s around. This is a great one.
Z

Text book Quist Luft in 'Just the right condition'.

Congrats D.

nick

Really nice one with just enough wear.