Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Some collectors still think there are bargains

OK. So I have a customer ....... he's actually bought one from me.  ......and he is forever asking me to validate bargains he thinks he has found. ...... I was tempted on this one he asked me to validate as real .... but i never had the heart to lie to him  🤣🤣🤣🤣.... I mean...... are these people for real....... i thought you may like to see  the latest  one 👍👍

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hello John , I get many questions via e mail as well. I think many people are uninformed and they jump in without knowing the market. I always nudge them to invest money in a decent helmet instead of looking for bargains as there is always something wrong with bargain helmets. It usually ends when nobody likes what they have bought , I often hear it is expensive but sometimes they buy 4 helmets cheap that can account for one decent authentic helmet.

This is so true Frank. It does amaze me that some  collectors are  thinking they've got a bargain when all they end up with is a nail. And then cry about it .......I love selling to collectors that know what they want. They dont argue ...... and want to pay a good price for a good helmet...like you Frank. Remember the dd lufty? 🤣🤣

Quote from john-b on August 1, 2022, 8:17 pm

This is so true Frank. It does amaze me that some  collectors are  thinking they've got a bargain when all they end up with is a nail. And then cry about it .......I love selling to collectors that know what they want. They dont argue ...... and want to pay a good price for a good helmet...like you Frank. Remember the dd lufty? 🤣🤣

Yes! I still have it , it's a research piece I'm looking for duplicates with liner dates later than 1940.

A lot of naive and lazy out there.. it takes a lot of effort to study a bit huh ?!