Click on the banner to join the excellent German Helmet Walhalla forum where you can chat with hundreds of collectors from all over the world. See you there.

Thoughts on my M35 Luft

Hi Guys. I would just like some feedback on one of my helmets I have for sale please? Have I got it right?

Sorry about the water-marked photos. I do not have anymore without. It's not a selling ploy - I promise. Below is my description....... Thanks

This is a fantastic character combat helmet, with both decals present. Re-issue, and an overpaint, with the Adler under and the Tri Colour on the outside of the re-issue paint. Although not a common practice – it is something that may have been done – either from the factory, or as documented, purchasing through the canteen. If the soldier was in the rear, maybe admin – and wanted to “walk out” He would have done this to be proud.  It is without doubt a textbook reissue combat helmet The decal is the thick bordered example by Peiniger.

It has a nice reinforced aluminium band with steel rounded bales. And is a rare configuration ET62 With a 55 sized supple liner and draw string, Complete real and Unmessed with. Fantastic period original chinstrap. And totally untouched, with all pins straight tight and original to the pot. Not a giveaway, but something eye pleasing real, and different!

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hey John

For me it's an amazing piece. An early factory/depot LW reissued. not a common helmet for sure. a lot to like on this one personally.

The LW reissued M35s have a lot going for them for sure ! Love them. 🙂

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Very sexy helmet John. Love it.

Nice helmet you have there .. Can see the shadow of the first decal underneath the paint ..nice feature!

Love it!!!

I really like this one.

Thanks for the feedback chaps - it has now gone to a new home 🙂

Quote from john-b on January 25, 2020, 10:36 am

That was quick.
Great helmets sell fast!

Quote from john-b on January 25, 2020, 10:36 am

A very good home 🙂