Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Two more for ID please.

As mentioned in my previous post I have another couple of  odd bods for ID if you guys would be kind enough to help.

I know they ain't much and cost me peanuts but my interest in these helmets is now growing rapidly.

Might even start picking up some more and/or better ones.

The first obviously has a new liner. Not sure about the shell. Don't know much at all about the second.

Thanks

Mark.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hello Mark , German made WW2 helmets have particular stamps the first one looks like an M42 the other looks like a post war helmet from whatever country. Not really within the scope of this website.

This is the page to start learning about German WW2 helmets.

Combat models and makers

I agree with Frank, the first one looks like it could be a WWII German shell.  You need to find the maker mark which will look something like ckl 64 or EF62 or such.

The second one looks like it might be Spanish made but I'm not up on other country's helmets.

Cheers,

Terry

Thanks guys.

The knowledge on this site is amazing. I have already started checking out "Combat Models and Makers" page to start learning and also looked at the fake and repro page which is scary for someone at my level - would not have a hope!

In the meantime I have pics of the markings of the German helmet. ET66 which, I believe, make it a Eisenuttenwerk Thale / Herz in size 66.  Being on the wearers left seperate from the lot number would make it an early war (1943 or earlier) M42 (edge folded outwards). Lot number on the rear is 2407.

The next pic shows the rest of my troop and the one after is "Manny" with his repro M35. He guards my Panzer radio gear. Every part of his uniform and kit are repro but makes a nice display I think.

After that is one online that I would like your opinion on. It is listed as an M35 and priced at $895AUD.

Thanks again. This is a great site.

Mark.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

The first stamps shown are from a reproduction M42 helmet.

Golden tip , keep your topics about one helmet otherwise it will become difficult to follow.

That make sense. I was more into other things at the time and only paid a couple of bucks for it to decorate the war room. Does illustrate my first point though. This area is a mine field for newbies and a lot of research will have to be done before any serious money is spent.

Quote from MarksJeep44 on February 23, 2021, 8:21 pm

That make sense. I was more into other things at the time and only paid a couple of bucks for it to decorate the war room. Does illustrate my first point though. This area is a mine field for newbies and a lot of research will have to be done before any serious money is spent.

Certainly a minefield. But you have access to all the resources / members here. Just post before you purchase and you should be fine.