Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Two sets of decals

I might be buying one of these helmets, I'm pretty sure about them but I'd like opinions on the decals. They're applied to two M35 helmets. What's the dark edge around them?

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Both Nat. shields appear correct. One of the ET style decals is original (the second one). The first eagle decal appears to be a repro from what I can see from a side view you show. The dark edge is the lacquer that was applied 80 years ago & it is what we like to see. It turns brownish after decades.

You should show the complete helmet inside & out for further assessment.

Thanks, D

Yes please show the complete helmet as per forum requirements. Thanks

https://germanhelmetvault.com/forum/topic/please-present-helmets-in-their-entirety/

Sorry, I thought the outside was complete enough. Will add the rest later today.

So here are all the pictures. Part 1.

First 6 pictures is the E.F. 62. The rest is the SE64.

Uploaded files:

And part 2.

Uploaded files:

Pass on the EF. The SE is a pretty nice helmet.  From your pics, worth owning. What are the markings on the strap ? Date or maker ? Steel buckle is a wartime strap...so replaced at some point. Only issue I see

Thanks, D

The SE is a nice helmet. Apple Green, good liner but still with some nice overall wear to it.

Has a bit of glue or something on the inside skirt. Worth checking out if it dripped behind the liner.

@David: My best guess on the strap made by Lohmann Werke of Bielefeld. Date looks to be 1940 but I can't be sure. When I expand the photo it pixelates too much (gotta love Jan's new book and his chin strap section! LoL)

Agree with D and M . . . the EF is a No, but the SE is a lovely one

Michael

I think the chinstrap (on the first helmet?) is A. Fischer, Berlin.

nick

Uploaded files: