Site icon German Helmet Vault

Click on the banner to join the excellent German Helmet Walhalla forum where you can chat with hundreds of collectors from all over the world. See you there.

Is this real? Help

PreviousPage 2 of 2
Quote from Panzerheld on January 30, 2020, 1:33 am
Quote from Murph78 on January 29, 2020, 8:56 pm

Hi Aaron,

I am a relatively new collector as well on a (wife enforced) limited budget.
The above advice is very sound. I have taken the same advice and I’m saving for good examples of more common lids. Until I’m in a position to go more top shelf in due course.
Every collector needs a nice SD lufty lid or an ND M42 to start out. And as said good hands experience will pay off.
You will end up spending more by upgrading cheap not so great lids with better examples over time.
This forum is a fantastic resource and has saved me from a few potential mistakes.
happy hunting 👍🏼

I 100% agree with Murph78.

Be patient . ..  these M40 and M42 SD helmets are relatively inexpensive and definitely worth the wait.

Most sell well below $1000 USD (some even half that) so do not buy a relic from a less-than credible dealer  . . . it has a high percentage chance of ending in pain . . . and then you'll own a humped-up peace of modern-day still that is worthless.

Michael

Quote from Murph78 on January 29, 2020, 8:56 pm

Hi Aaron,

I am a relatively new collector as well on a (wife enforced) limited budget.
The above advice is very sound. I have taken the same advice and I’m saving for good examples of more common lids. Until I’m in a position to go more top shelf in due course.
Every collector needs a nice SD lufty lid or an ND M42 to start out. And as said good hands experience will pay off.
You will end up spending more by upgrading cheap not so great lids with better examples over time.
This forum is a fantastic resource and has saved me from a few potential mistakes.
happy hunting 👍🏼

I 100% agree with Murph78.

Be patient . ..  these M40 and M42 SD helmets are relatively inexpensive and definitely worth the wait.

Most sell well below $1000 USD (some even half that) so do not buy a relic from a less-than credible dealer  . . . it has a high percentage chance of ending in pain . . . and then you'll own a humped-up peace of modern-day still that is worthless.

Michael

Post Reply: Is this real? Help
Upload Files:
Add another file ...Maximum files: 10 · Maximum file size: 10 MB · Allowed file types: jpg,jpeg,gif,png,bmp,pdf
PreviousPage 2 of 2

Exit mobile version