Click on the banner to join the excellent German Helmet Walhalla forum where you can chat with hundreds of collectors from all over the world. See you there.

Cant be German or?

Found this piece for sale but cant tell what it is, leather stamped Boscher and

D B P, anyone who could assist with some info is appreciated.

Thanks, Anders

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Don't buy it as a German WW2 used helmet. The helmet was repurposed after the war , can't say for sure the shell is period WW2. Any visible stamps in the steel ?

The liner is post war.

The liner system is post war. Used by the BGS (Bundesgrenzschutz)

Thanks a lot for your reply to confirm that it is a not a WW2 item.

Thers is no production stamp with lot number on the shell and also no rivets due to the different liner made me suspect that it is a past war item.

Its posted as a real WW2 M42 helmet......................

Thanks again, have another one is ok to post a question about that one aswell?

Of course, we are here to help.

Have found this M42 and I think its have a quite well preserved singel decal with original liner, is it repainted?

Maker mark ET64 with lotnumber 2422.

I will go for it if is a good one.

Brgds Anders

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

It is not repainted , original factory color. All parts looks good although with these photos can’t say if the liner band belongs to this helmet. It was also posted by someone on the GHW2 forum.

Thanks for your reply, I think also its looks good. I am not a member of the GHW2 forum, was the reply on that post in line with yours?

Quote from Dirre on January 21, 2022, 10:26 am

Thanks for your reply, I think also its looks good. I am not a member of the GHW2 forum, was the reply on that post in line with yours?

Yes.