Click on the banner to join the excellent German Helmet Walhalla forum where you can chat with hundreds of collectors from all over the world. See you there.

Fallschirmjägerhelm

Page 1 of 2Next

Hallo,

da ich mich mit Fallschirmjägerhelmen nicht auskenne, bitte ich Euch um eure Meinung.

Danke

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hallo,

Ich glaube, der Liner ist eine klare Fälschung. Sie sollten auf weitere Meinungen warten, obwohl Freund :). Auch Weitze hat leider keinen guten Ruf.
Z

ENG : I said the liner looks funky and fake to me but wait for more opinions and Weitze reputation not good.

Agreed. Weitze or Walter (I can't ever keep them straight because they sell so much bad stuff) ripped someone off with a fake SS uniform for ~€30,000 awhile back. I've never bought from Weitze but I've heard he has a pretty generous return policy.

BUT. Judge the helmet not the dealer (sometimes). Point being ... you can find a diamond in the rough in a sea full of BS ...  as well.

I would say wait for the Para Pros to weigh in. My only instincts here were that it’s an early ish Shell w the decal and spanners. And the Liner looks to be in great shape And the ink on the markings seem like they aren’t dry yet.

so more opinions will come!

Z

Weitze have a mix of good and bad. I have bought a great SD M40 and a rare BSW FJ badge case from them - never a problem.

As for the helmet in question - Looks hardly used.

Earlier Aluminium band nicely finished at the join.

The liner does look very light in colour,  the text fonts look good to me, albeit with little wear and slightly 'fat' looking.

Strap looks good, but no detail photo's of the clips or stud.

'Crimp' line runs all the way around, but whether that run-off shown in the last picture highlights something odd, best wait for Terry or Andrea.

No pictures of the bolts from the inside.

It looks to have had a fine rough textured final 'overspray' - not sure if that is factory applied or not as it doesn't cover right down to the lower rim  - again maybe Terry could confirm.

It amazes me how often the decals are damaged right where one would like to see...of course could be legitimate, but makes it questionable.

Quote from wolfpack17 on June 29, 2020, 4:13 pm

Weitze have a mix of good and bad. I have bought a great SD M40 and a rare BSW FJ badge case from them - never a problem.

As for the helmet in question - Looks hardly used.

Earlier Aluminium band nicely finished at the join.

The liner does look very light in colour,  the text fonts look good to me, albeit with little wear and slightly 'fat' looking.

'Crimp' line runs all the way around, but whether that run-off shown in the last picture highlights something odd, best wait for Terry or Andrea.

It looks to have had a fine rough textured final 'overspray' - not sure if that is factory applied or not as it doesn't cover right down to the lower rim  - again maybe Terry could confirm.

It amazes me how often the decals are damaged right where one would like to see...of course could be legitimate, but makes it questionable.

I Agree Neil. Actually the reissue I have posted in the other section is from there. Then I got a KM w bent pins from them. I couldn’t tell from the photos provided before it was shipped across the sea. Honest mistake by them ? I dunno. But they made it Super easy to return. Extremely easy. So 1 for 2 with them.

Matthias - I would listen to Neil’s advice on this Paratrooper helmet rather than my suspicions. And wait for more to view.

Zach

This is one that would be good to see in person.  I do not see a problem with the shell, the paint, the liner, the straps, or the bolts.  Some additional pictures showing the nuts, the T end of the chinstrap, the buckle and snaps on the straps, and a straight on shot of the front (like the one of the back) would all be good.  I would like to hear what Frank or Andrea say about the decal.  Something seems slightly off with that, maybe just the damage or maybe it is a miniscule bit of a misprint, but I am not 100% liking the bird.

Cheers,

Terry

A guy via messenger asked my opinion and i said more or less the same as Terry. no red flags from here.

As for the decal i think is real. some small issues both on print and application seems like; some luft adlers with "wavy" black lines are seen at times.

The helmet is on hold now - for me not a bad price for such a nice helmet. Pity about the decal being not 100% complete, but still a good helmet even if it has not seen much use.

Weitze do have good things amonst the bad, as I mentioned previously. If I hadn't just bought my second M38 I would have been interested in this one myself.

Is it just my eyes, or is the Lot Number stamp "raised" as opposed to "stamped" into the rim?

Otherwise seems ok . . .

Michael

Page 1 of 2Next