Please or Register to create posts and topics.

M40 SS Helmet

Hi guys,

The seller was very angry when I said that it was fake, a mistake he's a good friend
Said that I talk Bullshit and that he has a lot of ss stahlhelm books and has been collecting for over thirty years

But what I know is that NS, SE and SE / HKP have not produced any  SS helmets and if so then they would have pocher signs. The lot number is also wrong...

Now the question is it an original?

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Cham-pain  rune : the sequel ?

One observation is that it looks like there was a decal on the left side now removed. Very clean in that area. So more than one red flag here for me.

Cheers

Terry

There is absolutely no doubt about this helmet . . . it’s a FAKE.

You rightly said

what I know is that NS, SE and SE / HKP have not produced any  SS helmets and if so then they would have pocher signs. The lot number is also wrong...”

Just to correct you, there are NO NS, SE and HKP helmets feature Pochers thats are authentic Pre-1945. Also, that’s not even close to being a Pocher.

And your second point:

“Now the question is it an original?”

NO is your answer!

I've often struggle with SS decals as there are some good fakes out there. However, i also immediately thought fake.

Well... obviously it being an SE helmet is a huge red flag. But also the runes are too sharp on the fake ET style decal. I'm talking about the very edges.

nick

Comparable ?

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
Quote from Vaengard on January 27, 2021, 8:50 pm

Comparable ?

No it’s not

He started collecting smack in the middle when fakes were aplenty , no internet and when the correlation between shell and decal types was not publicized. That happened around 2004/2005 , Lot number study started not much later.

So if you were dependant on knowledge from one or two dealers you could have bought a lot of fakes back then. Seen it many times before.
This decal is not a Pocher and easily dismissable as it is a copy of an Et style.

To an "untrained" eye...I could see this one fooling. It's one of the better ET fakes.

Thanks, D

Then I did everything right, thank you guys