Please or Register to create posts and topics.

M35 SE68 for review

Hello all together,

i'm Tobi and new here.

I'd like to show you my M35 SE68 reissued helmet. Please have a look at the decal, on another forum where a few concerns, that it may could be post war applied.

My knowledge about post war applied decals is very little, i'm sure you can help me.

Thank you in advance

Best regards,

Tobi

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Not an easy call.

Honestly it could go either way.

Decals shows some typical issues due to a (potential) postwar application; at the same time someone could have been someone not really able to apply them properly ( we know they weren't applied at the factory rather at units with facilities etc...). Lacquer is into some chipped areas of the decal so it could have been applied once the "less then ideal" application of the decal was done.

Welcome to GHV Tobi

As I told Tobi , for me I see no issues as it is a reissued helmet.

Looks very similar to Ron's helmet in lacquer terms.

Quote from sysyphus on October 31, 2021, 2:07 pm

Not an easy call.

Honestly it could go either way.

Decals shows some typical issues due to a (potential) postwar application; at the same time someone could have been someone not really able to apply them properly ( we know they weren't applied at the factory rather at units with facilities etc...). Lacquer is into some chipped areas of the decal so it could have been applied once the "less then ideal" application of the decal was done.

Thank you for your welcome and your thoughts on my helmet, i really appreciate it.

It looks very similar to schwerpunkts photo and as you said, maybe the decal is just a bit messy applied.

Agree it could go either way.

This decal was so poorly made, thin & flimsy that it would not be out of the normal for it to be a wartime application. Being a "face down" printed decal required a bit of skill to apply correctly, be it wartime or post war. So there is no way of knowing for certain.

Thanks.D.

Thank you for your answer, David. Seems we never know for sure.. But it's ok.

I wish you all a good week.

Best regards,

Tobi.