Click on the banner to join the excellent German Helmet Walhalla forum where you can chat with hundreds of collectors from all over the world. See you there.

M35 SS semi relic.

Comparison photo.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
Quote from FurryRhino on February 29, 2020, 5:20 am

Comparison photo.

It is comparing apples to oranges because the bottom one IF the decal is ok has the expected Pocher decal. If yours was gray painted over the apple green it should not have the factory ET decal. Unless it is a reissue we have not ever seen before. As I said earlier ground dug helmets provide many extra authentification challenges. In hands it may be a one looker. I would try to make hair sharp macro photos of the decal , see what that gives.

Helmet is finally here.

First impression is very good. The helmet clearly has a grey paint over an "apple green" base layer. The AG paint can be seen on the split pins, under both decals and anywhere the paint has been deeply scratched. The entire helmet was repainted inside and out and the liner and split pins are rusted to the shell in places along with the rust transition zones being perfect. I used a small amount of renaissance wax on a grey/green area to highlight what I can see in person but is difficult to photograph.

The liner is crusted in clay and small roots and has remnants of leather, felt and what appears to be hair.

Markings are ET66 and 4337

The SS decal has a bright luster and a good coating of lacquer, the reverse decal has been scraped off with only a small outline remaining. I will photograph the decal areas with a usb microscope soon.

I was told that it was recovered in the vicinity of Demyansk and even with the battle damage the helmet is very stout in hand.

All comments and insight are welcome.

Uploaded files:

Uploaded files:

Uploaded files:

Uploaded files:

Uploaded files:

Uploaded files:

Uploaded files:

Usb

Uploaded files: